Monday, October 3, 2011

Moving On...

I had to let a friend go and she doesn't even know it. I'm at a time in my life, where I can use all the encouragement I can get, not cynicism. She and I have been friends for a few months now and I found myself slightly tip toeing around my words while discoursing with her over the phone. She has loads of self-respect, but she's on of those "holier than thou" Christians. I believe I was one of her last resort friends and that she only befriended me out of pity. Perhaps. It usually doesn't take long for me to read between the lines. And I'm not some damn charity case. I rather be alone and lonely than consort with a bunch of "available today and unavailable all next week" type of people. I understand that people are entitled to a social/professional life, but I disdain when they call me out of boredom or because they have no one else to hangout with. It's funny, she recently had a birthday and she didn't even invite. Yet, she went on this spiel about her birthday, yadda, yadda. I kind of felt left out. And that's when I knew she only befriended because of the common things we share, such as, not believing in fornication, being authors, and having celebrity crushes. Nothing more. Nothing less. I also find her to be somewhat cynical at times. But I usually don't say anything, because I like to make analytical observations. My analysis shows me that she and I aren't compatible. And just because you and another person are akin in certain areas, doesn't mean you're a match made in heaven. Although, I wish her all the best with her endeavors. So long, ex friend.




Bossladywriter

No comments:

Post a Comment